FOOD AND DRINK
• Please make sure that you have eaten an hour before being tattooed.
• You can bring in a fizzy drink and food in with you to make sure your sugar levels are high as this will make you feel better.
• NO ALCOHOL
• Wear clothing that makes the area being tattooed easily accessible.
• Try to avoid wearing white – tattoo ink stains.
• If need be, bring clothing to change into to be tattooed in.
ILLNESS / MEDICAL CONDITIONS
• Avoid alcohol / drugs for at least 24 hours prior to your tattoo; this includes Aspirin.
• You cannot be tattooed if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
• If you suffer from any heart conditions, diabetes, epilepsy or skin disorders it is best that you seek advice from your doctor before being tattooed, and please inform the tattooist before your tattoo begins.
• If you have a severe cold/flu it is not advisable to be tattooed, we reserve the right to refuse to tattoo you.
• If you need to change or cancel your appointment, you need to give us at least 24 hours notice otherwise you will lose your deposit.
• If you do not turn up for your appointment, you will lose your deposit.
• If you are more than 20 minutes late, there is a high chance we cannot tattoo you as it will make other appointments run too late. You may lose your deposit.
• If you do bring a friend (OVER 18's ONLY) with you, they may not be able to accompany you into the tattoo room, but are welcome to wait in reception.
• Please ensure the placement of your tattoo, spelling and design is correct before the tattooist begins!
• We recommend Bepanthen which we also sell in the shop
• Leave the sterile dressing on your tattoo for between one and two hours
• Wash your hands with warm water and your usual soap before removing the dressing, and then wash the tattoo with warm water and your usual soap. Your tattoo should no longer be shiny or glazed. But never use a flannel, use your hand to gently clean it.
• To dry it pat it gently with a clean towel, do not rub it dry or use a used towel. Let the tattoo air for a while
• With clean hands apply a thin layer of bepanthen over your tattoo, thin enough so you can see the tattoo still. Remember your tattoo is similar to an open wound and must be looked after properly
• To keep your tattoo healing avoid contact with perts, dirt, oil, petrol, chemicals or dirty water, as this can cause serious infection
• If you work in a dirty environment, wrap your tattoo in clingfilm to protect it, and ensure you clean and air it when you finish work
• Whilst your tattoo is healing, keep it out of direct sunlight (and sunbeds and saunas), and do not submerge your tattoo in water, such as swimming or a hot bath. If you sweat, including going to a gym as well as the other hot environments mentioned, your tattoo may sweat out the ink and it will lose colour.
• You can shower, but do not go to the gym for a week, or swimming or bath for two weeks.
• Remember to clean your tattoo when you get up, and apply bepanthen as mentioned earlier, and wrap in clingfilm to avoid the tattoo sticking to your clothes. You should clean your tattoo three or four times a day with this process, with the last clean before you go to bed, and again remember to wrap in clingfilm to save your bed sheets.
• If you do not use Bepanthen as directed your tattoo will dry out and will scab. Keep a think layer of bepanthen over your tattoo for at least a week. If it does scab, do not pick the scab!
• Whilst healing, your tattoo will generate a lot of heat. A cold flannel laid over it gently will help take the heat out, as will keeping the tattoo covered in clingfilm
• After seven days your tattoo should be healed enough to use baby oil or a mild moisturiser on it
• If you have any questions please call us and we'll be happy to help